8 Ways To Reduce Your Risk For Liver Cancer
You can lower your risk for developing liver cancer by following healthy lifestyle measures as below.
1) Avoid drinking alcohol – Drinking large amounts of alcohol can cause cirrhosis of the liver. Cirrhosis increases the risk of developing liver cancer.
2) Avoid eating fermented food – Some food additives have carcinogenic effects.
3) Avoid taking medications – Many drugs can affect the way the liver functions, damage it, or do both.
4) Avoid ingestion of aflatoxin – Aflatoxin is generated by certain types of mold in improperly stored grains and nuts.
5) Avoid eating foods that contain trans fat – Trans fat is found in cookies, pies, coffee whitener, etc. High-fat diets are known to negatively impact liver health and metabolism.
6) Improve liver function with supplements – Always consult a doctor before taking any supplement.
7) Maintain healthy weight – Diabetes and obesity can lead to liver cancer.
8) Protect yourself against hepatitis infection – Screen for hepatitis B and C. Get vaccinated against the hepatitis B virus.
Moreover, regular exercise, getting enough sleep, and having annual physical examination are also important.
Reference: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Komgrit Tanisaro, Head of Interventional Radiology Center, Wattanosoth Hospital
For more information: Wattanosoth Hospital Call 1719