Oncology Imaging Center
The Oncology Imaging Center offers diagnosis services the use of radiology or nuclear medicine. This includes radiation therapy for cancer treatment that meets international standards performed by trained specialized medical personnel in a modern and safe environment. The goal is for diagnosis to lead to successful treatment to the utmost benefit of the patient and his/her family.
Oncology Imaging Center SpecialtyThe Oncology Imaging Center at Wattanosoth Hospital is well-prepared in cancer diagnosis and treatment, providing experienced medical specialists with regards to cancer care and nuclear medicine such as radiologists, radiologists specialized in interventional radiology, oncologists, psychologists, and nurses. They are supported by the latest technology available for cancer care, and is the only private institution of its kind to produce its own cyclotron to be used in PET/CT scan, a significant advancement in Oncology Imaging for fast and accurate cancer diagnosis. Furthermore, there is an ongoing process of evaluation of treatments, recurrence of cancer, and follow-up surveillance to gauge effectiveness of treatment. A testament to its expertise, Wattnosoth Hospital also produces radiopharmaceutical for other private hospitals and medical institutions for cancer treatment.
Diagnosis and treatmentOncology Imaging Center offers diagnosis and treatment as follows: Ultrasound, CT Scan Nuclear medicine- (PET/CT Scan), (Cyclotron) PET/CT Scan with FDG, F-DOPA, or PiB; 90% of PET/CT Scan will use FDG while F-DOPA is utilized in brain conditions such as Parkinson’s and other movement disorders. While the PiB (Pittsburgh Compound is used in diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, for example. Click to learn more about preparation for PET/CT Other diagnostic technologies with Nuclear Medicine include: Measure Thyroid Gland Function Thyroid Uptake Cancer Detection with SPECT/CT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography) Other Services Include Intervention Radiology
- a form of diagnosis and treatment using radiology such RF Ablation for liver cancer
- This is a technique that provides similar results to surgical treatment, with actually performing surgery. Treatment is given through the skin with the help of ultrasound or X-ray to permanently kill cancer cells.
Diagnosis and staging of cancer and investigating other diseases with the PET/CT Scan (Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography).
Our services include:
Our in-house cyclotron is capable of producing PET radiopharmaceuticals such as F-18 FDG, F-18 NaF, F-18 FD0PA and C-11 PiB. Oncology-imaging services using CT scan and ultrasound by expert oncology radiologists.
PET/CT with floe technologyPET/CT with floe technology is the world’s first PET/CT system to eliminate the demand for stop-and-go imaging since the scanning is based on a single continuous motion of the patient table. Not only less time consumption but PET/CT Flow also provides patients a smooth and convenient scan. Presently, diagnosis with PET/CT scan utilizes F-18 FDG radiopharmaceutical in more than 90% of cases. Other radiopharmaceuticals for instance F-18 FD0PA is used in certain types of cancers and brain disorders such as Parkinson’s and other movement disorders, while the C-11 PiB (Pittsburgh Compound) is applicable to Alzheimer’s disease.
Diagnosis with the SPECT/CT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography/ Computed Tomography) for determining if cancer has spread to the bone, measuring heart and kidney function, and more.
Nuclear Medicine services include:
- Diagnosis with the SPECT/CT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography/ Computed Tomography) for determining if cancer has spread to the bone, measuring heart and kidney function, and more.
- Thyroid Uptake Test
- Treatment using radiopharmaceuticals such as iodine to treat thyroid cancer and hyperthyroidism
- Treatment of bone pain as a result of cancer
Intervention Radiology such as Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) is a minimally invasive medical procedure which provides similar result to surgery. Treatment is usually performed through skin via a needle and utilizes medical imaging equipment such as ultrasound or CT for navigation with the goal for permanently killing cancer cells.
Intervention Radiology Clinic
- Intervention Radiology such as Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) is a minimally invasive medical procedure which provides similar result to surgery. Treatment is usually performed through skin via a needle and utilizes medical imaging equipment such as ultrasound or CT for navigation with the goal for permanently killing cancer cells.
- Image Guide Percutaneous Biopsy